Connecting Intellectual Property and Circular Economy: a guide to EU Funding Programs 2023-02-06
IPR4SC consortium knows very well how intellectual property protection (patents) and circular economy can work together to reach different aims that are relevant at european level. Among the objectives that the partnership wants to achieve, we can mention as general ones the following:
- Developing sustainable technologies for recycling and reusing materials.
- Promoting innovation and developing sustainable solutions for economy, making them available to the market and more widely spreading them.
- Developing sustainable businesses that aim to reduce environmental impact and support sustainable economic growth.
The European Union supports the protection of intellectual property rights and the circular economy through several financing grants and programs.
- LIFE program funds environmental and climate projects that promote the circular economy and the protection of intellectual property rights, for example through the development of sustainable new technologies.
- COSME program funds projects for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) aimed at promoting the protection of intellectual property rights and the circular economy.
- Circular Innovation Fund finances projects aimed at developing innovative solutions for the circular economy and protecting intellectual property rights.
- EIT RawMaterials focuses on the sustainable extraction, processing, and reuse of raw materials, supporting the circular economy by promoting innovation and entrepreneurship.
- European Regional Development Fund provides funding for projects aimed at promoting sustainable growth and the transition to a circular economy in Europe's regions and cities.
Additionally, there are also other country or sector-specific programs and grants that finance projects on intellectual property rights and the circular economy. To participate in these grants and programs, consortia need to submit a detailed project proposal demonstrating how the project will contribute to the protection of intellectual property rights and the circular economy. It is important to closely follow the guidelines and specifications of the program or grant to increase the chances of success.Back